PhD student and postdoctoral researcher in neuroscience
Applications are invited for one PhD student and one postdoctoral researcher in neuroscience, at the University of Bern, Switzerland. The research focus will be on studying the neural and computational mechanisms underlying the generation of sensory predictions. To this aim, the employed student and postdoc will design computational models of learning and will combine those with electrophysiological recordings in humans to investigate predictive processes in the auditory modality, in wakefulness and sleep.
Our group is using scalp and intracranial electroencephalography -EEG- recordings, machine learning and computational modeling techniques, as well as single-unit measurements in humans. The positions will be based at the Institute for Computer Science and Faculty of Medicine at the University of Bern in Switzerland, under the supervision of Athina Tzovara.
What we offer:
- Funded positions for three years, according to Swiss National Science Foundation regulations
- Access to scalp and intracranial EEG recordings
- Interdisciplinary and international research environment at the University of Bern
- You have experience or would like to acquire experience in analyzing (intracranial) EEG data
- You are interested in using computational tools to study human cognition
- You are fluent in English
Requirements for the Postdoc position:
- PhD in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, computer science, or a related discipline
- Experience with computational modeling and/or experience analyzing scalp or intracranial EEG data
- Programming experience in Python or R
Requirements for the PhD position:
- Master in neuroscience, biology, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with recording and analysing EEG data, or with computational modeling is a big plus
- Programming skills in Python, R or Matlab
How to apply:
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. The first review of applications will begin on 25th November 2019. If you are interested, please send one pdf-document including your CV, a brief statement of research interests, and the contact details of two referees to: Athina Tzovara, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal inquiries are welcome.